BUYERS, PROCESSORS AND HAULERS OF INDUSTRIAL SCRAP STEEL, NON-FERROUS METALS AND WASTE PAPER
A Bit About Us
The Cleveland Corporation is a full service, family-owned and operated recycling company, servicing the Chicago, Milwaukee and Midwestern Region for the past 60 years. In 1955, the founder Joseph Kujawinski Sr. started the company with little more than a 2-ton lift gate truck working a barrel route. Picking up scrap metal from industrial accounts seven days a week, at a time when much of the industrial metals were being disposed of for no value. His relentless dedication and work ethic have been passed along to his sons, Robert and Joe Jr., who now lead our corporation into the future.
The company has since expanded to a state of the art twelve-acre site located in Zion, Illinois, equipped with environmentally compliant equipment to handle several thousand tons of industrial scrap metal per month, as well as waste paper and cardboard.
Peace of mind. To assure our customers their scrap is hauled & processed in compliance with all Federal and State Environmental Laws.
- Container delivery/pickup
- Trailers, balers & compactors provided
- Leakproof and lockable containers provided from 10 cubic yards to 50 cubic yards
- ISO Compliant
- ESA Compliant
- Full operational state certified scale for commercial, residential and military use
- State certified scale weights provided
- Direct mill shipments to insure the most competitive return on your production scrap (no broker or middleman)
- Same day and scheduled service 24-hour service seven days a week
- Customized payment terms
- Shredder operation guarantees destruction and security of scrap parts, rejected parts, obsolete and production scrap
- Destruction and recycling of your confidential and misc electronic scrap
Commercial & Residential
Cleveland Corporation has the capacity to accommodate small commercial and residential customers.
Customer Safety & Compliant Materials
- Must have and wear a hard hats on premises. (Per OSHA)
- Cleveland does sell hardhats for $8.00, cash only.
- Must wear pants, no shorts.
- Must wear closed toe shoes, no sandals.
- Must be 18 years of age in order to enter plant.
- Must have refrigerators and air conditioners intact. Freon lines cannot be cut. (Per EPA)
- Must have a minimum of 300 pounds in order to receive check.
- Must have a valid ID to receive check.
- Only one check per customer, per vehicle, per day.
- All fuels and oils must be drained.
- Our location on Green Bay Road accepts all Ferrous, Non-ferrous and Waste Paper for recycling.
Materials Not Accepted / Conditional
- Tanks- accepted if cut in half only, no exceptions
- Large or underground tanks – must have 3’ x 3’ holes cut in both ends and rinsed
- Ballasts- accepted, but must read NON PCB
- Batteries – lead acid auto or industrial accepted
- Steel drums – open top rinsed accepted
- Railroad scrap – accepted with written authorization from generator
- Capacitors/Mercury switches/Radioactive scrap not accepted
- Oils/Fuels/Coolants not accepted
- Ammunition not accepted
- Hazardous or toxic waste not accepted
- Trash/wood/tires not accepted
- Asbestos bearing material not accepted
How to Contact Us
400 N Greenbay Rd
Zion, Illinois 60099
(847) 872-7200 | (800) 281-3464
Fax: (847) 872-0827